Thursday, November 3, 2011

children today

So, I pull up to school today and begin to worry when I do  not see my child.  Upon asking a teacher where she is, I learn she is in the office b/c of a "discipline issue." At my obviously shocked and beginning to get upset face, she quickly explained that Serina was the cussee, not the cusser.  So, why is she being cussed out at school..at all?....

Lets start with yesterday when I picked her up.  There was a girl mouthing off at her when i pulled in. I could tell somethng was up and wanted to put the child in her place b/c it was apparent she was being hateful, but I am not a teacher and did not know the situation.  Well, no sooner was Serina in the car that she told me she was going to see the principal in the morning.

With a bit of investigating I learn this child who was mouthing off had been extremely hateful to her.  They have never talked before and Serina said she was not even talking with her, she was talking to somone else (not that she is always truthful, and she can be sensitive).  I told her to stay away from that girl--she is obviously not a happy child and is just wanting to start something so dont get anywhere near her; but if she did to tell a teacher immediately.  I figured that should be possible since they have never talked before.

...so, back to today...

The way it would seem, according to the counselor is this...Someone asked Serina to come over where the girl was b/c she wanted to ask her a ?.  She asked her if she was a "foster kid."  Serina answered yes and the nice, well meaning child decided to tell her what she thought of "foster kids" in terms that well bred 11 or 12 year olds should not be using, much less even know.

Now, there may have been a bit more to it than that, but still...who does that?  And I dont want to hear that junk about kids being kids or you know how mean kids are b/c honestly, most kids by nature are not that mean.  They are selfish yes, but they become mean b/c they see it or experience it; and since my thoughts about this child and her upbringing are currently not nice and somewhat judgemental, I will keep them to myself and ask for forgiveness, but it truly angers me that she would have to endure comments like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment