Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Devil's Defense

Whenever Christians start turning their hearts closer to God, seeking Him more and striving together to grow closer to him, satan starts to panic...he pull out all the punches. I am blessed to be in a Bible study group, an accountability group if you will, with 3 other ladies. We talked when we went into this about how Satan would stop at nothing to keep us from it. We have all been hit with various obstacles lately, sickness, discouragement, etc. But it isn't just us...many ppl are being attacked right now in so many different ways.

I have this feeling God is readying hearts for something big...maybe it is our summer events, new personnel, or simply a revival of hearts and souls to HIM. I feel Satan trying everything he can to prevent, halt or taint this ...whatever it is. I feel our church is being attacked from so many angles; my friends are being broken; I am being flung this way and that. Satan's only defense to whatever God is preparing to do is to get us off focus, off guard.

He is throwing his lies in my face and I am struggling not to believe them. Of course the day I wake from a dream of a random person I've not seen in years and wasn't ever friends with in the first place, who pointed out all my faults in front of my friends who did not stand up for me, is the day Satan decides to remind me of a heart breaking issue from several years ago. Something happened that broke my heart and the ppl involved still to this day have no clue. I acted like i understood and let it go. Usually i don't even think about the issue, but today I did and the lies of unworthiness and patheticness that come with it. All day I keep coming back to how i am not good enough. Satan throws that lie at all of us, it just comes in different forms (not a good spouse, parent, to date, at work, with kids, etc). Mine is always the heart of who I am and how I am called to serve.

Don't worry, i dont believe the LIES, but overcoming them is a major battle. I told some of my accountability group last week it is my drug. I am addicted to believing the lies, thus rendering me ineffective in my witness for Christ. You must also know the day I am struggling with this the most is the day I forget to do major tasks that I do every day at work, multiple times a day, but somehow missed today. (thankfully my boss thinks it is the drugs he gave me to overcome the sickness i still can't shake)

I was able to talk through a lot of this with a friend this evening and we realized she is being fed the same lies. Hers just come from a different angle. Satan knows where and how to hit, but i have news for him....the battle is won and guess what YOU LOSE!!! In the meantime, I just have to continue to draw from Christ's strength and rest in knowing HE is inside of me and makes me worthy, because "I am not my own, but Christ who lives within me"

2 comments:

  1. Mandy Moltz, I just love you so much, and I hope you know that. I found your blog today (I'm a little slow, I know, I know) and I am so excited that you are blogging! Regarding this post - your words are so relevant. Sometimes the feeling of being attacked is so tangible, and I feel it most when I feel God working most. Thank you for your words. I miss talking with you and hearing your wisdom. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, you are truly amazing! I love you. Your generous, warm, sweet spirit has always been an inspiration to me. I am sorry that this incident still haunts you. I believe that your true friends just didn't realize at the time that you were being attacked or that it wounded you so. Of course, I wasn't there, but I do remember being told about this a couple of years later (if it occurred in high school). I thank God that you are not letting Satin defeat you with his LIES! You are truly the daughter of the King.

    ReplyDelete