Thursday, March 12, 2009

Surprise!

Sunday night I am sitting in worship (which is a miracle in and of itself) and Jason is making announcements about our fellowship time and adds that there is also a surprise housewarming shower for the children's pastor. I think I almost fell out of my seat! So, ppl start coming up to me asking if i am surprised and laughing at the bright red shade of my face. How this happened without me having a clue. Really I knew a couple ppl wanted to give me something, but had no idea the magnitude. It was great...a wonderful encouragement. I know i am loved, but this just made me want to cry with overwhelming love and grattitude.

To top everything off, Amy D. kept asking me if I had opened any of the presents, which of course got me thinking. So, when I got to the house where I was dog sitting, I took all the card and the gifts inside to open. I found a gift from my college roommate and her mom. Amy had gotten Ashleys info when she came in Oct "just in case" What amazing friends I have!

So, what did i get?...a vaccum cleaner ( I am so excited), bar stools for the bar Bobby built, cheese grater ;), gift cards, candle set, paper products, step ladder. There are no words to express my love and grattitude. I am overwhelmed with blessings from my church family and friends! I will post a pic of the bar at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley E-mailed me about that shower... I was planning to send a card, and now I feel like a total slacker- with the moving out of my house this week I totally forgot!! I'm so glad to hear that it was kept a surprise! Enjoy ~

    ReplyDelete