Monday, March 2, 2009

i despise sickness

So, for the first time in four days, I woke up hungry...big accomplishment. The problem is, I have now been up almost 2 hours and am going to be returning to bed soon. The congestion in my chest and head is not going away and my throat is starting to hurt. I have to make it to work tomorrow, so much rest today! You would think being in bed for four days straight would help some, but no, i am still sick. Just for the record, I can't remember the last time I was this sick for this long. I do hope they will give me drugs at work tomorrow if this is not gone...of course, Lynn will probably shoot me in the tail (i think she secretly enjoys torturing ppl)

On a good note...I made it through church last night, then stayed up a few more hours. I had not had a fever since sometime the day before, so felt safe, but took hand sanitizer for each time I coughed or sneezed. I plugged everything in with an antibacterial wipe and wiped everything down before I left, just to be safe. The sad part is, i would not let the kids hug me. I stayed with the older ones, so they understood not to come close, but a couple of my younger kids; (3 and 5) who always make my day by running to me like I am their most favorite person ever; started coming toward me and I stopped them and told them they couldn't hug me, but we could blow kisses. Of course they looked crushed (I am so mean) and asked why. I explained that I have been sick (which only sort of helps b/c I let them lay all over me when they were sick). Anyway, they blew many kisses and left.

When I got home, their mom sent me a text saying Cadence (the 3 year old) got in the car and promptly asked if they could pray for 'miss mandy.' Isn't is sweet to know these kids are learning the importance of praying for others already (Good job Josh and Chanda)...and it made my day. Makes me feel honored!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been sick. I have been slightly out of the loop the last few days with moving. Hope you are feeling better by now! I'm glad to hear you have some little prayer warriors talking to God about you... I really think that God honors their prayers.

    ReplyDelete